Contaminated Media, Human Health, and Environmental Effects
At Superfund sites, various environmental media, like sediments, ground water, soil and air, have become contaminated. This contamination may lead to adverse effects on the health of people, animals, and plants at or near the sites. This Web page contains information regarding Superfund research and technical support resources.
The links below will take you to information about:
- Contaminated Media—sediments, ground water, soils, and air—at Superfund sites.
- Common Contaminants found at Superfund sites.
- Human Health Risks posed by contamination at Superfund sites, and and health effects from exposures to contaminants.
- Information on Chinese Drywall
Environmental (Ecological) effects that may result from contamination at Superfund sites.
- Technical Support and Resource Centers